Location: West Pomeranian
Our client is German, family owned, manufacturing company founded over 70 years ago as a producer of rubber goods and components. Thorough the years company expanded portfolio by plastic, metal and other products.
Nowadays over it developed to the size of 1000+ employees and c.a. 250 mio EUR in revenues.
For couple of years the company is present in Poland. The production of rubber and plastic components was launched in the site located in West Pomeranian.
Short term challenges for the position:
- Overall management of Polish subsidiary
- People Management – leading, promoting and developing employees; support the cooperation between local teams, other production sites and HQ
- Optimization of operations – permanent review and optimization of the entire value chain
- International cooperation – represents local site in external contacts
- Provide vision and leadership for the practical implementation of modern manufacturing methods based on industry best practices
- Responsible for establishing operations strategy, objectives, best practices, tools, and metrics to meet and exceed company standards for quality, on-time delivery, and customer satisfaction
- Establish manufacturing policies and strategies in all areas of manufacturing, including production, scheduling, purchasing, human resources, research and development, and engineering.
- Participation in the make-or-buy decision / evaluation of customer inquiries.
- Permanent coordination with central product and process development, on the one hand in the development and series suitability of development projects and the continuous improvement of ongoing series projects.
- Develop short term and long term plans to meet customer, industry, business, and financial requirements while driving continuous and sustainable improvements across the organization.
- Review and evaluate the cost effectiveness, consistency, quality, accuracy, and performance to standards and take action as necessary to correct discrepancies.
- Responsible for talent and leadership development across the assigned management team, ensuring current and future leaders can meet the challenges of a growing and dynamic business.
- Build and maintain customer relationships by ensuring a high level of professional service
- 10 years of management experience in manufacturing incl. shop floor management, engineering, R&D and supply chain
- Solid knowledge of the manufacturing methods used (Lean/Six Sigma, TQM, Industry 4.0) to organize / realign production processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, maturity, and good judgment with the ability to maintain effective working relationships with various internal and external customers (customers, suppliers, contractors, employees, executives, etc
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of outcomes
- Technical skills needed to assist customers and employees in working together to achieve a quality product
- English – advanced, German will be a plus